Frequently Asked Questions
Internet speed may slow down due to various reasons such as:
- Wireless Interference is the most common reason for Internet interruptions.
- Multiple devices connected to the router consume higher Internet bandwidth.
- Unknown or unauthorized devices using your Internet connection.
- Sharing Internet Wi-Fi with guests or neighbors who are using up your bandwidth
- Wi-Fi has been continuously on for a long time without rebooting.
- You have exceeded your Fair Usage Quota. For more information on our Fair Usage Policy
The first thing to do if you are facing a slow internet problem is to reboot your router.
Check your Internet speed by connecting your laptop to the router using an Ethernet cable. You can test your Internet speed by visiting the website https://www.speedtest.net/ or https://fast.com
If your Internet speed comes back to normal state using Ethernet cable, however, is slow when using it via Wi-Fi, it may be due to wireless interference or due to multiple devices connected to the router Wi-Fi.
Wireless interference could occur due to these common reasons.
- Having multiple routers that operate in the same frequency nearby causes the signal to interfere with each other.
- Placing your router near devices that emit electromagnetic signals such as TV, Radio, Cordless Phone, Speaker, Microwave, Wireless Video Camera, Wireless game controller, or old Bluetooth devices.
- Wireless interference can be controlled through any one of the methods.
- Adjusting the placement of the router so it is not closer to other devices that interfere with its signal.
- Changing your Wi-Fi channel width.
- Upgrading your router to a more powerful Wi-Fi Route.
If the issue still persists, raise a ticket through your CG NET APP or customer login portal or call for Support on Toll-Free No.: 16600110013(NTC) or call us at 01-5970113 Also, you can chat via social media like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram or website Chabot.
a. If there is no internet connection, you can check your router status i.e. whether the LINK and AUTH lights are blinking. If both the lights are blinking, you can try rebooting the router once. If the issue still persists you can contact us.
b. If the LINK and AUTH light on ONU (router) not blinking, check for any visible fiber breakage or check whether the fiber wire is bent somewhere at the window or door. If not:*
c. Check whether you received any notification on Area outage in your registered phone number. If not:
Raise ticket through CG NET APP. Also, you can reach out on social media like Facebook, What's app, Instagram, or Website chatbot.
Please follow the given steps to raise tickets.
1. Download CG NET App from the play store or app store.
2. Login CG NET App.
3. Click on Support Selection
4. Click on the "+" icon
5. Enter the title, select the category, and Subcategory then enter remarks.
6. Click on "Save"
Note : Once you save your ticket you will get a call within 5 Minutes from our complaint resolution team.
For a detailed guide, please contact our customer care: Toll-Free No.: 16600110013(NTC) or call us at 01-5970113 Also,
you can chat via social media like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, or website
Yes, you will be notified via SMS on your registered mobile number.
There are no additional charges for field support. However, charges such as equipment or accessories are ordered/ replaced may apply.