Frequently Asked Questions
Internet speed may slow down due to various reasons such as:
- Wireless Interference is the most common reason for Internet interruptions.
- Multiple devices connected to the router consume higher Internet bandwidth.
- Unknown or unauthorized devices using your Internet connection.
- Sharing Internet Wi-Fi with guests or neighbors who are using up your bandwidth
- Wi-Fi has been continuously on for a long time without rebooting.
- You have exceeded your Fair Usage Quota. For more information on our Fair Usage Policy
The first thing to do if you are facing a slow internet problem is to reboot your router.
Check your Internet speed by connecting your laptop to the router using an Ethernet cable. You can test your Internet speed by visiting the website https://www.speedtest.net/ or https://fast.com
If your Internet speed comes back to normal state using Ethernet cable, however, is slow when using it via Wi-Fi, it may be due to wireless interference or due to multiple devices connected to the router Wi-Fi.
Wireless interference could occur due to these common reasons.
- Having multiple routers that operate in the same frequency nearby causes the signal to interfere with each other.
- Placing your router near devices that emit electromagnetic signals such as TV, Radio, Cordless Phone, Speaker, Microwave, Wireless Video Camera, Wireless game controller, or old Bluetooth devices.
- Wireless interference can be controlled through any one of the methods.
- Adjusting the placement of the router so it is not closer to other devices that interfere with its signal.
- Changing your Wi-Fi channel width.
- Upgrading your router to a more powerful Wi-Fi Route.
For further diagnosis, kindly open a ticket by contacting our Customer Care Department or log in to the Customer Portal.
Kindly check and reboot your router to obtain required power in it to function.
If it still does not work, please contact our Customer Care Department, and open a ticket for technical assistance.
Customer Care: +977-1-5111033
Customer portal: http//customer.cgnet.com.np/
You may contact our Customer Care Department and open a ticket for any assistance.
Customer care: +977-1-5111033
Customer portal: http://customer.cgnet.com.np/
The customer can change the Wi-Fi name or Wi-Fi password for the Fiber Wi-Fi device provided by GNET through Customer Portal.
For detailed guide, please contact our customer care: +977-1-5111033
Yes. CGNET would notify its customers on service outage via SMS/ email.
There are no additional charges for field support. However, charges such as equipment or accessories are ordered/ replaced may apply.